Revised February 2017
Sikka Software Corporation (“Sikka Apps”, “Practice Mobilizer”, “Patient Mobilizer”, “we”, “us”, “Sikka” or “our”) operates web browser apps, iOS and Android smartphone apps (collectively, the “Apps”), the websites located at www.sikkasoft.com, www.practicemobilizer.com (“The Sites”), and other related websites. Through these Sites and Apps, we operate various online services that enable our customers (“Users”) to receive business reporting, analytics and smart recommendation services from Sikka Software and our marketplace partners (Collectively, the “Services”).
In addition, The Sikka Apps, The Sites, Practice Mobilizer and Patient Mobilizer are required by the the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) to describe their privacy practices in document called a Notice of Privacy Practices. You can access a copy of this notice on the Site.
- Third Party Sites
- Important Definitions
- The Personal Information we collect or maintain may include:
- Names, ages, email addresses, usernames, passwords, and other registration information
- Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, health tracker and wearables data and other health related information
- Health information about your patients prepared by you such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Apps and the Sites
- Other information you input into the Apps and the Sites
- We may use Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with the Services,
- To improve the services offered – by performing quality reviews and similar activities,
- To create De-Identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Services,
- To notify you when Sites and Apps updates are available,
- To market and promote our Apps, Site and the Services offered to you through the Apps and Sites,
- To fulfill any other purpose for which Personal Information is provided to us,
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization
- We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as permitted or allowed by law, as follows:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them,
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process or government request,
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request,
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sikka Software’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
Information we Collect via technology:
As you use the Apps, the Sites or the Services, certain information may be passively collected by cookies, navigational data and third party tracking services, including:
- Apps Activity Information. We may keep track of all of the actions you take on the Apps,
- Sites Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Sites, such as your navigation, choices, timing of decisions, frequency of visits, paths and outcomes,
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you use the Apps or access the Sites from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet address, mobile carrier, operating system, browser type, connection speed and access times,
- Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Apps use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Apps can provide you with certain services associated with business recommendation features.
We use Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the Apps. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users use the Apps, what features they use, and other real-time information that you authorize us to collect using the different sensors embedded in your smartphone. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve our Apps and Services. Google Analytics collects only the data assigned to you on the date you visit the Site or use the Apps, rather than your name or other personally identifying information.
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
Security of Information Collected
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. Specifically, the Apps and Sites are protected by SSL 3.0 technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on cellular mobile networks and the Internet. However, since the Internet as well as cellular mobile networks is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using these Apps, as with all electronic communications there are some risks such as (i) failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the internet; and (ii) no guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the Internet and cellular mobile networks can be assured due to potentially unsecure mobile phones, computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet and a smartphone Apps.
Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
A Special Note about Children and Minors
Practice Mobilizer and Patient Mobilizer do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Apps. If you are below the age of 18 you are not permitted to use these Apps or the Services.
Other Applicable Law
California Residents have special protections under state law regarding the access and use of personal information. CA Civil Code Sec. 1798.80-1978.84.
Questions and How to Contact Us